Bah humbug, another one of those bloggers I see.

Yes, its another new start. In all fairness, this is a very old blog that has been washed of its youthful political finger pointing and closer to an older, more mellowed view of more day to day musings. Satisfied now that I won't be changing the world and changing hearts and minds, I can focus on the more grown up attitude of telling people my opinions whether they like it or not about more mundane things that doesn't have the word Geopolitical in mind in the slightest.

The return to Blogger represents perhaps boredom, or frustration with the current drama over YouTube ads, or a longing to make something more of my YouTube-Twitch affair where I naively believe it make turn into a money making venture where I get paid to do what I like to do in my spare time. Thinking on it like that, with a little liberal interpretation, I get enough from Streaming to fund the habit called Gaming. While entering into credit now and then I've roughly made gaming pay since streaming; at least in order to buy more gaming related things in boxes.

Again, in fairness, this comes from a life long interest in my chosen subject; Gaming, filtered through a category that is largely untouched: European and PAL formats to create something that is perhaps at least slightly unique. I've debated whether to build my own website on a number of occasions, rarely getting further than initial planning phases, so perhaps a bit of blogging might stir the passions and push myself one way or the other. I get a number of thoughts that I sometimes feel the need to express to an audience (namely: The Internet) and without the obvious routes of Twitter and Facebook (you won't find me on either of these) my chance of exposure is low.

So lets have a look at how many views my 6 articles I wrote back in 2007 received. Oh wow 500 views in 10 years. I do say I am impressed. That's roughly one a week. Lets see if we can beat that.

As I write this, I have just finished the Order of Ambrosia quest on Final Fantasy 12, and quite a bit of work required for that too. I won't be attempting to repeat the feat anytime soon (not without PC cheats that inevitably get added to every remaster Square-Enix has made – remember when Enix made their own games? Oh I'm sidetracking). My next goal will most likely to now go and finish the game again, possibly before the Wife falls asleep in boredom watching me chain 50 or so enemies just for something else to pop up.

As for Geopolitical, I realised there will probably be some of that anyway. International Version anyone? Oh just for Japan? An island barely bigger than the UK is itself? Yeah, well they are making up with it with some HD graphics in Final FantasyXII: The Zodiac Age I can't wait to try... Once Sony exclusivity expires and it gets released on PC.

So what can you expect from here in the future? Mostly retro gaming talk, some things about my videos and streaming and even a little programming that I still do now and then. For now, some link plugs to where you can find me on the Internet:



Comments